Where RESEARCH meets CLINICAL practice:
Evaluation and treatment of voice, swallow, and airway disorders-past, present, and future
This course is
offered for 2.5 CEUs.
Topics and Speakers:
- Reflexive Cough Test (Robert Stephens, PhD)
- Respiratory Rehabilitation (Bari Hoffman Ruddy, PhD, CCC-SLP & Christine Sapienza, PhD, CCC-SLP)
- FEES/Videostroboscopy (Rebecca Gould, MSC & Andrew Christler, MA)
- Weaning Patients from Reflux Medication (Joseph Spiegel, MD)
- Food, Not Medicine, for Acid Reflux Disease & What SLP should know about Acid Reflux (Jonathan Aviv, MD)
- Voice and Swallow Rehabilitation (Rebecca L. Gould, MSC,CCC-SLP, BCS-S , Teresa Biber LoMonte, MS,CCC-SLP, & Brad Smith MS, CLT-SLP)
- Myth Busters (Meron Levitats, MD)
- Identification of Hospitalized Patients at Risk for Aspiration (Emir Festic, MD, MSc)
- Beyond RSVT-Meditation? Alternative Therapies that Compliment Voice Therapy (Rosemary Ostrowski, MM, MS, CCC-SLP & Katherine Verdolini Abbott, PhD, CCC-SLP)
- True Vocal Fold Paresis and Minimal Glottal Insufficiency in the Aging Population (Peak Woo, MD)
- Preventing Dysphagia Following Head & Neck Cancer (Lisette van der Molen, PhD)
- Mucosal Hygiene (All)
- Anterior Cervical Fusion (Michael Reed, DPT, OCS)
- Somatics and AAT applications in the Voice Clinic (Dan Sherwood, MS, CCC-SLP)
- Chronic Cough- (Mark R. Stein, MD)
At Atos Medical, we are committed to giving a voice to laryngectomee patients, with design solutions and technologies built on decades of experience and deep understanding of our users. We offer the Provox line of products and the TheraBite Jaw Motion Rehabilitation System. We are present in 19 countries and still growing.
At Optim, we believe you should have the freedom to bring high-quality endoscopy to your work, wherever it is. Our endoscopes with patented, integrated LED light technology combine exceptional image quality with unmatched portability. So you can work more effectively—whether caring for patients, inspecting sophisticated machinery or enforcing the law.